Huge Selection of Body Jewelry

It should be illegal to call somebody fat: Jennifer Lawrence

Actress Jennifer Lawrence, who has often been criticized for having a fuller figure by her critics, thinks calling someone fat should be illegal.

The 23-year-old feels "fat-shaming" on TV and elsewhere has an indisputably harmful effect on her young female fans, reported Aceshowbiz.

"Why is humiliating people funny?. I get it, I do it too. We all do it. I think the media needs to take responsibility for the effect it has on our younger generation on these girls that are watching these television shows and picking up how to talk and how to be cool.

"So all of the sudden being funny is making fun of the girl that's wearing an ugly dress. And the word fat! I just think it should be illegal to call somebody fat on TV. If we're regulating cigarettes and sex and cuss words because of the effect it has on our younger generation, why aren't we regulating things like calling somebody fat?"

This isn't the first time the young star has spoken out about weight.
In an interview previously, she had said, "In Hollywood, I'm obese. I'm considered a fat actress."

No comments: