Huge Selection of Body Jewelry

When celebrities swore celibacy

Self confessed and well documented sex addict, Russell Brand, who undertook a vow of celibacy in April this year, recently claimed that he uses heavy books to curb any desires, saying, 'But now I've got myself a heavy book, not to read, but to slam it shut it on my p***s a couple of times a day!'

In the same interview Brand went on to say that in his upcoming Australia tour he might just finally give up on his celibacy, thanks to all the good looking people the continent boasts of. Well, whether or not Brand does go ahead with his grand plans, we give you a lowdown on other celebrities who are still celibate or voluntarily were, at some point in their life.

Lady Gaga
At a 2010 event, Lady Gaga said, 'I can't believe I'm saying this — don't have sex. It's not really cool any more to have sex all the time. It's cooler to be strong and independent. It's OK not to have sex, it's OK to get to know people. I'm celibate, celibacy's fine.'

Courteney Cox
Friends superstar Courteney admitted in 2012 that she had not been intimate with anyone since splitting with husband David Arquette in 2011. Cox, who vowed to abstain from sex through her separation, explained, 'I'm holding to it. I've not had a man since David.'

Matthew McConaughey
Hollywood heartthrob Matthew McConaughey practised forced abstinence as his wife, Camilla Alves, declared that there would be no sex for 40 days following the birth of their child Vida Alves
McConaughey. The couple gladly stuck to this Spanish tradition.

Adriana Lima
One of the most sought after women globally, Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima was also very famously pro-abstinence. She said to a magazine, 'Sex is for after marriage. (Men) have to respect that this is my choice. If there's no respect, that means they don't want me." She refrained from sex till 27 when she married Marko Jaric.

Lisa Kudrow
Courteney's Friends co-star and good friend Lisa too vowed to follow celibacy till she found her right guy and tied the knot. Speaking about this decision, Lisa said in an interview, 'I decided pretty early on that I should stay a virgin until I got married. My virginity was something I had decided was very precious, something that I owned, to give away. It was an honour I was bestowing on a young man, and he had to be worthy of it.' Lisa married Michel Stern at the age of 31.
                                                                                                                                                                   Britney Spears
Pop princess and one of the most famous celibate celebrities Britney, at the height of her fame in 1998, vowed to remain celibate till marriage but she could hold on to the promise only till Justin Timberlake walked into her life.

Paris Hilton
In 2006, the then 25-year-old heiress went celibate as she was reportedly sick of boyfriends. She said, 'I am not having sex for a year. I'll kiss, but nothing else.'

Lolo Jones
American hurdler Lolo Jones is another celebrity practising abstinence. Speaking about how hard it is, she has said, 'If there's virgins out there, I'm going to let them know, it's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life — harder than training for the Olympics, harder than graduating from college, has been to stay a virgin before marriage.'

No comments: